Renew Your Membership For 2020
You can renew your membership for 2020 online. (Note: A PayPal account isn't required. A credit card will work just fine.)
Membership dues fund the operation of the association.
With donations the entire amount is used for the fund specified. No administrative overhead is taken from donations. Donors may choose any of four funds:
- The Kenneth Rollins C&O Canal Fund, a revolving fund to support current projects and programs in and for the C&O Canal National Historical Park.
- The Rachel Stewart Swains Lock Area Improvement Fund, which will be used to fund improvements to the area around Swains Lock, as they are identified in conjunction with the National Park Service. Rachel Stewart, a former president of the association who died in 2014, was the site manager at Swains Lock as part of the park's Canal Steward program.
- The Davies Legal Defense Fund, which supports the association's involvement in activities such as opposition to the construction of the proposed Georgetown University boathouse within the C&O Canal National Historical Park. The association opposes the transfer of public land to any individual or enterprise for private use.
- World Canals Conference 2021 Fund, which will help underwrite the association's commitment to host the 2021 World Canals Conference in Hagerstown.
- Nancy C. Long Aqueduct Preservation Fund, which can be used to fund the maintenance, repair, and restoration of canal aqueducts.
If you wish to make a contribution separate from the renewal process, visit our donation page.