- A quarterly newsletter, mailed to members and relevant officials gives notices of pending legislation affecting the canal, schedules of hikes and volunteer work parties, book reviews and features about activities in canal towns (both past and present).
- Two major hikes and numerous informal ones throughout the year offer opportunities for fellowship and education. In addition, the Association holds bicycle and canoe trips in the summer and fall.
- Level Walker Program is a unique way for individuals to help protect and preserve the canal. Members are assigned specific sections of the towpath which they monitor and, in effect, become experts about the history, geology and culture of these sections.
- Volunteers-In-Parks program offers a way to participate directly in maintaining and improving the park through such projects as painting structures and restoring trails.
- Opportunities to use personal and professional skills to preserve, protect and publicize all the advantages and assets of having the C&O Canal National Historical Park — “The Park for all People” — so near our nation’s capital.
- $15 Individual
- $20 Family
- $25 Patron
We invite you to join the Association — or to give a membership to a friend!
To join, please send check payable to the C&O Canal Association. Mail payment to:
C&O Canal Association
PO Box 366
Glen Echo, MD 20812-0366
Please include the following information:
- Name to appear on badge
- Name on 2nd badge (family or patron)
- Gift from (if applicable)